RMS Staff read aloud some of their favorite story books for our students during Advisory class in our school day, and we are sharing story time here for our greater school community.
Some of the important benefits of reading aloud with children are that it:
- develops stronger vocabulary
- builds connections between the spoken and written word
- leads to greater reading comprehension
- provides enjoyment
- increases attention span
- strengthens cognition (thinking skills)
- provides a safe way of exploring strong emotions
- promotes bonding
See the RMS Story Time Playlist here, with all stories shared in Advisory class so far.